Sunday, September 30, 2007

Nervous.


Right now, I am really nervous about my job!

My biggest concern is that I'll make an idiot out of myself. I have ADD, and I get distracted easily, so I come off as 'ditsy'. Now, all my life, people have accepted 'ditsy' as part of my personality, and even thought it was cute. Sure, they made fun of me, but it was always in a loving way.

If I'm a waitress, ditsy is NOT going to be cute anymore. I'm trying to just sort of pre-train myself...you know, just learning how to concentrate on one thing. But it's just so nerve wracking! I remember during certain babysitting jobs a couple years ago, all the kids would be running in fifty different directions, screaming, getting into things they weren't supposed to, and while I was trying to stop one of them, another would be doing something worse! I was lucky to have my sister there to help me, but sometimes, I'd look around and I wouldn't know how to even start rounding them up, you know? At that point, I would just have to force myself to laugh and be calm, and then after a few minutes I would start going after them again. Maybe that's a good thing, maybe it's not...but what if that happens while I'm a waitress? People will be waiting on me for things...what if I don't have a moment to breathe and be calm?

I think I can handle this. I have two days of training before they 'set me free', and I know if I just concentrate, I can pull off anything I want to.

It's just SCARY!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You'll be great!