Tuesday, May 22, 2007

God: Male or Female?

I was just talking to a woman who said that God is a male and that anyone who thinks differently is not thinking straight. I think that is VERY narrow minded.
Now I know, people may say the same thing about me simply for believing there is only one way to God...but I believe that because the Bible says that Jesus is the only way to the Father.
Now listen...I don't believe that God is a woman, either. I believe that He is neither. He is above gender, because He created gender. When you are born, you are born male or female because of your sex organs. God was never born...He has always been and always will be. And I'm sorry to be crude, but are we trying to say that God has what we use to identify whether a being is male or female? Think about how silly that is. He's God. He is the one that created man...He is NOT a man! He is the one that created woman...He is NOT a woman! He is above all that.
We need to once and for all STOP bringing God down to our level. Stop seeing Him as one of us. He is above all of that. He is mind-boggling and impossible to understand. So STOP trying to understand Him and just LOVE Him!
A quick note: Yes, I know that we call God our Father. I believe that God has more masculine qualities, and I believe God gives Himself a masculine persona in the Bible and calls Himself Father so that it will be easier for us to understand...but these things are beyond our comprehension, and we need to realize that. I think that Wisdom is realizing that you don't know anything. Another reason I believe God calls Himself our Father is so that we will come to see ourselves as His children, and see His loving arms as a place of safety, the way we do our earthly fathers.
I hope no one is offended by this blog. Disagree with me if you want...I'll still be your friend, and I hope you'll still be mine...but don't tell me I'm not thinking straight if I don't agree. If I have ever done anything like this to any of you, I'm sorry. I never want to treat anyone as inferior to me for not believing the same way I do. I think I have done this inadvertently before, and I feel terrible about it...Please forgive me!

No comments: