Friday, June 22, 2007

Some Speculations About Having a 'Love Life'

1. You can be perfectly happy, positive, and content with the way things are, and then suddenly, BAM!!!! You have a love life.

2. You do not have to have a 'significant other' in order to have a love life. In fact, now that I think of it, you don't even need to LIKE anyone in order to have a love life. All that is required for you to have a love life is for someone to like you!

3. They're like car accidents. They're awful, sometimes hurt you very badly, and happen out of nowhere.

4. It's better not to have one. Especially at my age. 'Love' is too complicated.

5. No matter whether you LIKE having one or not, you are strangely drawn and sucked into them. It really stinks.

These are things I have recently learned. I did not do anything to have a love life, and yet suddenly, where before there was chai tea, Christmas and jazz, there are just too many thoughts. Too much drama. I wish I didn't have to worry about it, but I feel like I've been launched into the game and there's no way to get out...

Grr.

No comments: