Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Double Anniversary

Today is the anniversary of two different events in my life.

The first is this: Three years ago today, my first boyfriend, Justin, asked me to be his girlfriend. To me, at the time, this was the best thing that could possibly have happened to me...I really, really liked him, and although I knew the answer would be yes, I told him I'd have to talk to my mom about it...tortured him for a few hours, and then finally gave him my answer (yes, duh). It was a very important day for me, and he was a very important person to me, and I guess he always will be. I'll never forget him.

It's hard to believe it's been three whole years; And yet it's just as hard to believe it hasn't been even longer. I feel like I'm a completely different person now...I think, that while I still have quite a bit of growing up to do, I have grown up a lot since then...

And here's the second: Two years ago today, I got my first blog. I still have it, and the URL is homeschoolblogger.com/missingyoualwayz. I don't use it anymore, but I used it to let my friends know about some pretty interesting things in my life. That blog helped me to chronicle some of the more dramatic events in my teen years so far. I wrote about boys, friends, and about how I rededicated my life to God. It's good for a writer to have an outlet:-)

3 comments:

Kate said...

First love and first blog...so which lasted longer?

Paula Vince said...

Hi there,
Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment on my post about Harry Potter. I've finished the book already, as I'm sure you probably have too, but I guess we can't say much about it online, for fear of spoiling for others.
I've enjoyed visiting your blog and reading some of your musings. I look forward to visiting more often.
BTW, if you'd ever like to read the first novel in my fantasy Christian trilogy, please visit my website (through the toolbar of my blog) and it's there as a free e-book. I've been posting free books to people within Australia who I think might like it and wish I could offer the same to international people like yourself but can't, as postage gets fairly pricey. (However, we do have ordering facilities for visitors to our website from the USA)
Hope you have a great weekend,
Paula (from Australia)

justjuls said...

happy anniversary to you
you live in a shoe
you look like a monkey
so i'll be one too!