Sunday, August 5, 2007

Girls Night: Bikers, Babes, and Chocolate Covered Espresso Beans

I had my first really fun girls night in awhile a couple days ago...
My friend Bethany has been wanting me to come visit her youth group with her for awhile now, and the other night her church was having a youth rally, so we decided to go to the youth meeting while our moms had coffee and shopped or whatever it is they do...
So we went to church. It was great...it was a lot of fun, in a high-energy, 'you're-going-to-get-onstage-whether-you-like-it-or-not' kind of way (they had my sister and I come onstage and give them a short version of our life stories), and there was a speaker there that talked about how to be a 'suphero of the faith' (and also, there was a really cute guy there! My sister, Bethany and I were drooling, lol).
So when church was over, our moms were there waiting for us, and we left pretty quickly. Mom gave us chocolate covered espresso beans, which I think hit our bloodstream immediately. Soon the topic of a movie we have been dying to see called 'Becoming Jane' came up, and before we knew it, a pathetic attempt at a 'this-isn't-really-going-to-happen-but-I-might-as-well-ask-anyway' sort of plea from the teenagers became an actual plan, and we were on our way to the movie theater!!!
We got to the first theater, and in spite of the fact that it was opening day, and there was a poster for it outside the theater, it wasn't showing there. We spent a couple minutes trying to call the other theater without success, and soon decided to just drive over to the other theater and see if it was playing.
As we were leaving the parking lot, Kaitlyn and Bethany looked out the back window and saw two guys on motorcycles right behind our car. They started waving..."Wave, Kendra!" they said. Soon we were all waving and grinning flirtatiously at the bikers behind us. They started trying to go around us, and when one of them went by my window, I waved and smiled, and he grinned like the Cheshire cat at me, then got right in front of our car with his friend.
Bethany is crazy. She rolled down her window and we all started yelling, "Hey boys!" and such at them (please don't think we're bimbos...you never know what you're going to do when you're in a group of girls and all hopped up on espresso!).
We saw the two guys grinning at each other and talking in front of our car, then, when traffic started moving again, you wouldn't believe what happened! One of the guys did a wheely right in front of us on the motorcycle, and the other guy kicked both legs up in the air! It was so awesome...we started cracking up and squealing...it was like having our own little show!
So, needless to say, we were hyper for the rest of the night...
We got to the other theater, and the movie wasn't playing there, either...so we ended up seeing No Reservations instead...it was a great movie! Really sweet...all the food looked delicious, and Catherine-Zeta Jones is beautiful, as always.
On the way out of the movie, we ran into my friend Sunnie, who had been over at my house for basically the whole day before we left for church...she just happened to be there with a friend at the same theater at the same time! I don't know why It's a Small World After All hasn't been stuck in my head for days, lol...
Kaitlyn, Bethany and I all took mini-naps in the car on the way home...we were worn out! I think though, the espresso beans did have a pretty good effect on us, because when I finally got to bed I couldn't go to sleep! I'm not sure if this helped or not, but I had a glass of milk and then went right to sleep...I've heard that milk helps you sleep...Can anyone verify this?

2 comments:

Faith said...

Hello darling girl! Don't freak, you should know who this is when you check out my blog. I'm so thrilled to see you're reading Addicted to Mediocrity.

Love you lots!

Anonymous said...

Great work.