Tuesday, October 28, 2008

awhile back.

I wrote this awhile ago. It's weird, but I like the stuff I write when I'm just like, confused and don't know what I'm talking about. I like to look back on it when things make more sense.

When I'm overwhelmed by emotion...
whether it's good or bad, I wish I could let it out.
I wish I could let it out to the full extent that it
needs to be let out. I wish I could let it out in
something other than endless, babbling words.
Empty, cliche', overused talk. Smiles and frowns
and regurgitated nothing. It all means so much
on the inside, but once it's out there it's just
words...words floating in space...Hitting the
ceiling, bouncing off the walls, getting lost.
They are nothing to anyone else. They carry
no weight. I wish that I could let it out in a
physical way. I wish I could be a vessel for
something bigger than myself...I want to stand
on top of a mountain and let it pour out of every
inch of my body...physically manifested as beams
of light. A scream wouldn't be enough, because
there's always more screaming left to do. I
just want it to be let out...In a stream...forever.
Instead of restlessly squirming inside my heart
and head.
When I'm so happy I can feel my heart overflowing,
or I'm so overwhelmed by sorrow that crying
just isn't enough...
Or even just so completely confused that words
can't even begin to touch the strange mix of
emotions and desires going on inside my
head...
I want it out.
OUT. OUT. OUT. For good.

1 comment:

Shasta said...

I like it! I don't write much anymore. I wrote alot when I was in a very dark part of my life and those poems are well good, but now since I've met Dwayne things have changed. I found poetry my outlet. As you said screaming only leads to more, you can only cry so much, and it just yearns to be out of you and there isn't a way to get it out. I hate that feeling.