Monday, October 13, 2008

Million Dollar Houses!


The other day, I went with my aunt and uncle on a tour called 'The Parade of Homes'. The purpose was to showcase houses priced at a million dollars and over.

I had a great time! You'd think you might be bored just looking at empty houses all day, but it was very interesting. The houses were HUGE and beautiful with rooms upon rooms...Each house probably had about 10 rooms and 5 bathrooms, hehe.

The rooms themselves were huge of course.

Each kitchen had unique features. One had a wine cooler and a cappuccino machine! It was really cool...

There was PLENTY of attic space. I told my Uncle Rob that if I lived there I'd spend most of my time in the attic being the phantom of the mansion...to which he of course responded by humming the theme to Phantom of the Opera!

Oh, and one of the coolest features is that each of the basements were fully furnished with a movie theater! THAT made me super jealous...

I just really enjoyed that day. There's something oddly inspiring about empty rooms...It makes you want to fill them up and make them your own.

As grand as the tour was though, I have to say that the highlight of my day happened later on, when my mom unsuspectingly drove into the ghetto. I was in the car with my uncle, who was muttering, "Don't go right, Julie...Don't go right..."

Of course, she turned right, and we passed several intense gang members...Like the kind who belong to the sort of gang where you have to murder someone to get in...

I was CRACKING UP!!! I can't wait to see Devan's impression of the incident;-)

No comments: