Thursday, July 26, 2007

HAIRSPRAY!!!



I went to see Hairspray today, and it was AWESOME!!!

The story I think was originally from a book, which was turned into a movie in the '80s, which was turned into a Broadway Musical, and now back into a movie musical.

I plan on seeing both the older movie, and someday the Broadway play, but right now, I'll be satisfied with the teeny bopper version I just saw...

The storyline was about this chubby girl named Tracy who always wanted to dance on this show called The Corny Collins Show. At the same time that she is pursuing her dream of dancing, there is a battle going on 'behind the scenes' over the segragation of blacks and whites. Tracy is completely against segregation, and in the proccess of doing what she knows is right to help 'integration' become a reality, she may be jeopardizing her wishes for her own future.

The story is just amazing...To sum up the movie, it is a great story about how people should overlook each other's difference and learn to love one another, and accept one another. And, my personal favorite, about how guys don't always fall for Barbies:-)

The music was great, the actors were great...I just give this movie a big thumbs up, and a reccommendation to you all!

No comments: