Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Rejection and Pastry


Well, I didn't make it into Cheaper By The Dozen. And surprisingly, I'm not all that disappointed about it. I thought I would be, but I'm not. I think it's because about 73 kids auditioned, and there were only 16 parts...I saw some really good actors there who didn't make it, so I don't feel like that big of a loser. I just want to get up and try again...Maybe even start something myself, although that sounds like a big project at the moment.

You may have read this already if you read my blog regularly, but about a week ago I posted something about the movie Ratatouille and said that I thought I might want to consider a career in the Culinary Arts...Baking and Pastry, specifically (I like desserts!). So I started requesting information at Culinary Arts Schools everywhere from Houston to NYC...And I got something in the mail from the Art Institute of Houston the other day inviting me to an open house in the Culinary Arts department on August 4. I wanted to go, of course, but mom wanted me to call and find out if they were having another one anytime soon, just in case it didn't work out on such short notice.

So I did...the lady let me know first of all that they would probably have another Open House in October, but that we could also schedule a private open house and a tour. But man, she was a talker...She told me a LOT of stuff and asked a lot of questions ("We can also schedule you a tour of student housing...unless you want to stay with a relative or something in the area, student housing is where you can live"; "What made you want to get into Baking & Pastry?"; "What year will you be entering?"). I'm not saying I didn't enjoy it...I love friendly people...it was just kind of entertaining because she got in so much information in about three minutes:-)

No comments: