Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Ratatouille


I went to see Ratatouille yesterday...I've heard that a lot of people don't like this movie. They say it's stupid or dumb, or at least not as good as they had hoped for. Now, I don't know if this is because of my amazing ability to appreciate the idiotic things in life, or because it is set in Paris, France (a place I am dying to go), but I LOVED this movie!!! It was amazing...the feel of it was great, the animation good, the character's body language was quite humanlike (at least I think so), and it inspired me to cook something!!

I've been wondering about someday taking classes at a Culinary Arts School...I'd love to learn how to cook really well...everyone would want to be my friend! (Hehe) And I think with the right education, I might not be half bad at it. Besides, I think it's fun! My friend Devan came down to visit last November, and we decided oneday we wanted to make a fancy Italian dinner. So the next day we made this gourmet, absolutely delicious italian meal...I forget what it was called but it was just some of those curly noodles with a really really really good sauce over them! We also made these little italian doughnut thingies. (Okay, I just realized that if I'm going to be good at cooking, I should probably start remembering the names of these things! lol) But it was just really good, and Devan and I had a lot of fun.

3 comments:

Keet said...

I LOVE that you were inspired by this movie! So was I. But I think you are right, Babydoll, I believe some of us are wired to be inspired more easily than others. That's one of the things I love so much about you, while everyone else is being critical, negative, cynical, sensible and oh so very boring and grown-up, you are looking for the beauty and the truth. I want to go to Paris with you and sit at cafes, sip coffee, eat croissants. Isn't life beautiful?!?!! Rats and all.

justjuls said...

Hey - that first comment was from Tina - she said not to worry - and if you two dare go to Paris without me - I will kill both of you!
I wanna go - I wanna go - I wanna go!

girl with a flower tattoo said...

Hey Kendra!

Hmm, I don't believe Faith has a blog. If she does, I am unaware of it. Do you have her email address? If not, I can give it to you.

I am enjoying my C.S. Lewis class, although, I have to say that I am behind in my readings as it sometimes takes me a while to actually make it through his work. He writes well, but his ideas are dense and there is a lot to work through. I'm very fortunate to have the professor I have because he is so passionate about Lewis' works and has an amzing ability to present, clearly and distinctly, his ideas & opinions regarding the works. He's also very patient and takes the time to explain aspects of Lewis' works & to answer simple questions.

I've been here in Memphis for three years now. My first year, however, I went home a lot. And I actually think that going frequently helped alleviate the pains of homesickness. Now, however, I am scarcely able to visit home and the pains of homesickness are growing rapidly. I think I am a homebody. I like to be with my family and the people I know & love best. Don't get me wrong, I love to visit new places and try new things (not necessarily meet new people, sometimes people overwhelm me. heehee), but I like to have a base to return to. I think that we're really lucky to have such bases to return to. I never realized how lucky I was to have such a close-knit family until I encountered so many people from broken/unkind homes.

I'll talk to you soon,
Take Care,
Alexandra