Monday, July 9, 2007

Shaving Cream, and The Great Yellow Woodbee

This morning, while I was literally still asleep and in the middle of my dreams, I found myself on my feet and yelling, "What's wrong with you???"The reason? I've been staying at my cousin's house for the past five days or so, and this morning, my 20 year old cousin, Caleb, snuck into the room where my sister and I were sleeping and squirted shaving cream in our hair. It was quite a brutal wake up call...But I think the reason I reacted so dramatically is because what he did was somehow incorporated into my dream...I don't remember how, but for some reason it made the shaving cream incident worse than it really was in my mind, lol...

The next thing I heard was his mega-deep voice saying, "I didn't mean to make you mad." The first thing that came to my mind when he said that was, 'WELL WHAT DID YOU INTEND TO DO??? MAKE ME HAPPY???"

I found the incident a tad more humorous when I became more awake...and my Aunt informed me that that morning he had been telling her he wanted to say goodbye and that he was going to miss us when we left later on that day. I guess shaving cream was his way of waking us up to say goodbye without making the whole thing too mushy...But come on, Caleb...couldn't you think of any other creative ways to wake us up without making us want to murder you? lol

My male cousins are very mischevious, and both of them lack impulse control. They are SO much fun to be around (although they can be very irritating at times). Last time we visited, my cousin Austin (my age, 16) ran down the road with my underwear, and then made up a story about how he accidentally got them stuck in a tree! Then the other day, while we were on a walk, Caleb pulled up in his car, and six kids (five of whom were growing teenagers) piled into his car. Of course, I only got in the car on the condition that he would take us right home, because we couldn't wear seat belts. But nooooo...In spite of my incessant protesting, he kidnapped us and took us to the side of a cliff. Yeah. A cliff. Of course, there was a beautiful view, but the end only barely justified the means!

Geez. They're something else.

On the way home today, I got even worse of a start when we were riding home, singing along with happy songs on the radio, and suddenly out of nowhere a small yellow plane flies down UNDER the power line, and dips down about five to ten feet above the road right in front of us! No joke! It was the weirdest thing ever...We all screamed!

THEN we looked up in the sky and saw it coming back towards us! That was freaky! I was like, "STEP ON IT! BEFORE THE AIRPLANE ATTACKS US AGAIN!!!"

Can you believe it? An airplane of all things. We almost had a car accident. With an airplane.

Now not many people can say that.

3 comments:

Kate said...

Your own air show..wow!!!

justjuls said...

If I hadn't been there - I wouldn't have believed it!

KarenW said...

A car wreck with an airplane! Wow! I am glad it didn't happen but what a story to tell.

I love your new template.